Friday, July 5, 2013

Life on the street

It's been a while since my last post however I've been out and about taking photos in Wellington for the last assignment in my paper (finished this paper now).  The images needed to be connected in some way, so I chose street performers.  We have a few regulars in Wellington which is great.  I was lucky that the Jazz Festival coincided with this assignment.  We had to submit 10 images so here are a couple of examples.


I love the reflections in this shot... it was a happy accident but made me try for it with some of the other images I captured.


This is a Wellington Train Station regular... makes a living selling his CDs and playing on the street.


One of the things images can't bring to life are the sounds.  This guy was great... and nice to catch a mum teaching her child about giving.


Often we try and avoid a cluttered shot, but I liked this one.  Really busy even though there's only one guy in the shot.  Cuba Mall was really really busy so it was a miracle that I managed to get this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment